We are aware that any type of water damage—regardless of how tiny or significant the cause—can be disastrous for you, your home or business. Flood is main harm type which you will face. Therefore, in order to prevent further harm to your possessions until our crew arrives, it is best to follow these simple steps. So this steps guide you on What to do in case of a flood?
01. Evacuate the building if your life is in danger or if there are any immediate dangers like;
- If the water is rising quickly and you are in danger of being trapped
- If the power is still on and there is a risk of electrocution
- If the building is in danger of collapsing
- If you are instructed to evacuate by authorities
Call 000 if necessary.
02. Call us on 0413 943 154 and our team of experts will reach you within 60 minutes to stabilise the situation and stop any more harm from occurring to your belongings and property.
03. Try to create air-flow by opening doors and windows. By exposing the damp parts to air, the natural drying process will start, making the area safe to use until we arrive.
04. Make sure you wear appropriate footwear in order to avoid accidents and your feed from getting contaminated.
05. Try to stop the water flow. Turn off the main supply to the property, which is typically located close to the services area, in the event of a burst pipe. Call us or your plumber if you need assistance.
06. Turn off power. You must respond fast, especially if you see short circuits, interference with lighting or electrical equipment, or water pouring through downlights. At the fuse box, which is positioned on the front of the home, the power can be switched off.
07. It is essential to take extra measures when dealing with water that has come from a contaminated or tainted source, such as sewage outflow, water that has surfaced through bathroom waste, or outside water that has seeped in through external walls or doors. As soon as possible until we come, we advise you to evacuate the impacted locations.
08. Rescue your most priceless possessions. Small items should be moved to the garage or tiled areas because wooden furniture is susceptible to stains. Put dry carpet before wet contents. To avoid stains, lay plastic bags under the feet of any wooden furniture. To avoid injury, refrain from moving heavy furniture yourself; we’ll take care of it.
Our 24/7 Emergency Response Team will dispatch within minutes to provide you with best experience & satisfaction.
Our Flood Damage and Restoration Services
- 24/7 Emergency Flood Restoration
- Structural Drying
- Thermal Imaging & Reporting
- Removing carpets water
- Supply and Install of all drying equipment
- Sewage Clean up
- Carpet Steam Cleaning (Furniture stain removal and spot dyeing)
- Tile and Grout Cleaning
- Carpet drying,
- Accidental water leak